Child Development Center
Facility Contact Info 707-765-7566
Effective 1 January, 2021 we have implemented new enrollment procedures:
1. When calling to be added to the waitlist, there will be a nonrefundable $25 fee. Please be prepared to stop by with a credit card within 24 hours of calling OR provide the card information at the time you call.
2. When you are offered a spot, a $125 deposit must be paid within 7 days. If you are offered a spot and do not want it at that time you can start paying your monthly rate to hold the spot, or you can choose to stay on the list but be moved to the bottom (restarting the date you requested care to the current date).
3. All documents have 7 days to be returned or we will move to the next person on the list.
Placement will not be held without deposit.
4. You must have an orientation with room staff and administrative staff before starting care.
5. Payments will begin no later than the 1st of the following month.
6. All deposits will be deducted from your first months tuition.
Beginning December 1, the TRACEN CDC resumed operations using room capacities and payment processes similar to those we employed prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. All families, including those who are on telework status, are welcomed back to CDC care on a full-time basis!* A full overview of this expansion is available below. Refer any questions to Megan Brown, CDC Director, at 707.765.7971 or Megan.K.Brown@uscg.mil.
The purpose of Child Development Services programs is to assist Coast Guard personnel - military and civilian - in balancing the competing demands of family life and the accomplishment of the Coast Guard mission, and to improve the economic viability of the family unit (COMDTINST M1754.15). We are consistently striving for improvement and want to partner with parents. We recognize you as your child's first teacher and have an "open door" policy for parents of enrolled children to visit at any time. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
We are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). What does this mean? NAEYC criteria lead to higher quality programs while recognizing that all children have individual learning styles, strengths, and needs. Accredited programs meet nationally recognized standards for high quality care and education.
The CDC is open from 0645-1630, Monday through Friday, year-round. We observe all Federal Holidays and are closed 4 additional days per year for staff in-service training.
The CDC is located aboard TRACEN Petaluma, in the housing area on Pennsylvania Ave. in the blue building. Look for our fenced-in play yard!
AGE GROUPS & SPACES
Infant Room: 6wks-13 months (Maximum of 8 with 2 teachers)
Pre-Toddler Room: 1 year olds (Maximum of 10 with 2 teachers)
Toddler: 2 year olds (Maximum of 14 with 2 teachers)
Preschool: 3 years until Kindergarten (Maximum of 19 with 2 teachers)
All CDC forms must be completed for each child and tuition paid prior to enrollment and updated annually or as needed.
The application packet is available from the Child Development Center.
A Health form (signed by a physician) with immunization records
Two recent LES/pay stubs for each parent
WAIT LIST: If space is unavailable, a $25 fee will place your child on the wait list. This does not guarantee a slot. Wait list fees are nonrefundable but applicable toward tuition should a slot be offered to you. We follow COMDTINST M1754.15 with regards to priority.
Rates are based on TFI (total family income) of all members living in the household. TFI does not include alimony or child support, worker's compensation or unemployment benefits.
TFI includes, but is not limited to:
Monthly base income
Monthly BAH (offset for senior member only) regardless of living on/off base.
Monthly clothing allowance (STD)
Any other adult income in the home.
The CDC serves daily breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack and follows CACFP (Child Adult Care Food Program) guidelines. In addition, we serve formula and baby food to infants. There is no extra cost for meals.